Last update on 09 April 2019
Because you value your privacy, Val Saint Lambert commits to process your Personal Data in a respectful and proportionate manner.
This Policy describes the way we process the information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons (Personal Data) as well as your right, i.a. when using the website www.val-saint-lambert.com (Website).
Concepts such as “processing”, “controller”, “processor”, “data subject”, “personal data”, etc. have the meaning given in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data). The GDPAR is available here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679.
The Controller of your Personal Data is Val Saint Lambert SA, a société anonyme under Belgian law with offices in Belgium in B-4100 Seraing, Cour du Val 245; company number 0425.334.904 (Belgian Crystal or we).
For any question regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of the processing
Your personal Data are processed for specific purposes depending on the type of relationship Val Saint Lambert has with you.
With a view to allow us providing our services, you have to share certain Personal Data with us, which are necessary to the performance of these services:
- As a client of Val Saint Lambert, the Personal Data allowing a purchase on the Website;
- As a supplier, we need certain Personal Data with a view to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Your Personal Data are only processed for the following purposes:
- If you are a client:
- To process your order on the Website, including possible returns and related reimbursements;
- To keep you posted about the development of the activities of Val Saint Lambert and its product range.
- If you are a supplier:
- To communicate with you
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To establish, perform and terminate contracts for the provision of goods and/or services.
4. Legal grounds of the processing
The processing of your Personal Data by Val Saint Lambert relies on the following legal grounds:
a. Our contract with you
In most cases, we process the Personal Data necessary for the performance of our contract with you, i.e. processing your order on the Website.
We only collect those data which are necessary to process your order, i.e.to communicate with you and deliver the purchased goods.
b. Our legitimate interest
In certain cases, we may process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interest to do so.
This is i.a. the case when we process your Personal Data with a view to communicate with you or inform you about our products, apart from an order placed by you. Under these circumstances, our legitimate interest is to carry on and develop our business. This instance includes “direct marketing”, i.e. using your email address to send you communications regarding our activities, because you have already been our client. You always have the opportunity to oppose to such communications (see article 8).
c. Your consent
In certain cases, you can expressly consent to the processing of your Personal Data, for instance when you subscribe to our newsletter without making any purchase on the Website. Once you gave your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
5. Categories of Personal Data processed by Val Saint Lambert
Depending of our relationship with you, we process different types of Personal Data.
- Contact details (name, first name, address, phone, fax and email)
- Information regarding the purchased products
- Financial information (purchase history) and bank account (only in case of refund)
- Contact details (name, first name, address, phone, fax and email)
- Professional details (company, function, department, website)
- Financial and bank information (bank account, credit history and other financial information)
- Information allowing us to receive your goods and services
The Personal Data at our disposal are always communicated by yourself, when making a purchase on the Website or when subscribing to our Newsletter.
6. Recipients of the Personal Data and transfer to other countries
For the purposes described in Article Erreur : source de la référence non trouvée, we may transfer your Personal Data to third parties (the « recipients »):
- Third party service providers, and in particular IT and hosting providers;
- Service providers entrusted with the delivery of your order.
Your Personal Data are stored in Belgium or in another country of the European Economic Area.
Your Personal Data shall never be shared with business partners for commercial purposes, unless with your consent.
7. Duration of the storage of the Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed.
8. Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data. Those rights can be implemented directly on the Website
a. Right of access
You have the right to obtain from Val Saint Lambert confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and information regarding their processing.
b. Right to rectification
You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data, and to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
c. Right to erasure
You have the right to obtain the erasure of Personal Data concerning you, when there is no reason to process them any longer.
d. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing. In such case, we will only be allowed to store your data to the exclusion of any other processing.
e. Right to object
You have the right to object to processing of Personal Data concerning you. When your Personal Data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object their processing at all times.
f. Right to withdraw consent
When you gave your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at all times, without such withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
g. Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority, at the conditions and within the limits set by the GDPR and any other legislation applicable to the processing of Personal Data:
Autorité de protection des données
Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
9. Dispute Resolution
Any dispute regarding the validity, applicability, interpretation or implementation of this Charter that could not be settled amicably will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Brussels French speaking Courts.